Re: Telnet and Reverse Lookup

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:31:47AM +0100, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Why does the telnet client do a reverse lookup when connecting to a
> server?!

Client? I've just run a couple of tests with telnet, while watching the
logs of my caching nameserver, and I do not see any indication that the
client is doing a reverse lookup.

Are you perhaps meaning that the remote server is performing a reverse
lookup when you connect to it? If that is the case, it is almost
certainly the tcp wrappers on the machine that is doing it.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
Installing Debian Sarge with software RAID: