Re: missing disk space

--On February 7, 2006 2:26:10 PM -0500 Peter Dumpert <pdumpert@innovativebusiness.net> wrote:

I know I can probably just unmount, run e2fsck and get the space back.
But I would like to know what the problem is first. Has anyone else seen
something like this? All other mentions I found in google concerned
single incidents and usually involved a power outage. I could not find a
mention of an ongoing "disk leak".

This is almost universally caused by deleted-but-still-open-by-a-process files. Typically logs. As martin noted, use lsof to look for things, fuser might also offer clues.--
Michael Loftis
Modwest Operations Manager
Powerful, Affordable Web Hosting