Re: Best file system

Donovan Baarda wrote:

My gut feeling from lurking on lists is Reiser has more bad stories
overall, but ext3 has more **recent** bad stories. For some reason I
don't hear much about XFS at all... either no-one is using it or it just
works.

We've moved away from ResierFS, a couple of bad experiences, and from what I've heard more "variability" in stability between kernel versions. XFS has been pretty stable. I've seen one instance of FS corruption on an XFS filesystem, that was recoverable using xfs_repair.

XFS also significantly outperformed resier in our benchmarks (over nfs), and has apparently performs better when dealing with very large files (*cough* ZAPP zodb *cough* ;))

-David