Re: Best file system

While we are talking about filesystems, I am using a server with an ext3
filesystem. Due to a bug (software, me, client... I don't know), the
zeodb database was stored into the temporary directory (/tmp/) and
deleted...
As there is no way of doing an undelete with ext3, I dump the partition
with dd (dd if=/dev/hda7 of=/home/dump_temp.dump bs=1048576 count=1024).
It still contains my data;
I was wondering if there is any tool which could *attack* this file and
recreate "original" files.

When I see this kind of problems, I am thinking to switch back servers
to ext2 (even with the long fs check).

Cheers,
Sylvestre