Re: saslauthd stops working

Hi again,

Here are the config files I modified concerning saslauthd:

vieuxbleu:/# diff /etc/default/saslauthd{,.orig}
2c2
< START=yes
---
> # START=yes
10d9
< PARAMS="-m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd"

Comment: same as yours, unless the last line which is to have
the the sasl authentication daemon listening
where the chrooted Postfix will be looking for.

vieuxbleu:/# cat /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

In /etc/postfix/main.cf :

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks
    permit_sasl_authenticated
    reject_unauth_destination
    reject_invalid_hostname
    reject_unknown_sender_domain

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

My authentication is against /etc/passwd,shadow, not against
a database. I didn't tweak pam (anyway it's dark science for
me ;-) )

That works for me (TM) so far, but *not* yet in production.

My inspiration was this (very pedagogic IMHO) documentation :
http://www.fatofthelan.com/articles/articles.php?pid=22

My 2 cents,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs              Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel      : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                             CNRS UPR 20