Re: saslauthd stops working

Hi Emmanuel

This is my /etc/default/saslauthd

# This needs to be uncommented before saslauthd will be run automatically
START=yes

# You must specify the authentication mechanisms you wish to use.
# This defaults to "pam" for PAM support, but may also include
# "shadow" or "sasldb", like this:
# MECHANISMS="pam shadow"

MECHANISMS="pam"
#PARAMS=" -d "

/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf

mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN
minimum_layer: 0
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
auto_transition: no

/etc/pam.d/smtp

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny
file=/etc/frozen.users onerr=succeed
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=syspwdread passwd=XXXX
db=mailusers crypt=7 sqllog=1 logtable=authlog logmsgcolumn=msg logpi
dcolumn=pid logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logtimecolumn=time
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=syspwdread passwd=XXXX
db=mailusers crypt=7 sqllog=1 logtable=authlog logmsgcolumn=msg logpi
dcolumn=pid logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logtimecolumn=time
password   required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=syspwdread passwd=XXXX
db=mailusers crypt=7 sqllog=1 logtable=authlog logmsgcolumn=msg logpi
dcolumn=pid logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logtimecolumn=time
session    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=syspwdread passwd=XXXX
db=mailusers crypt=7 sqllog=1 logtable=authlog logmsgcolumn=msg logpi
dcolumn=pid logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logtimecolumn=time

BTW, just realised that the pam_mysql is our own hack. So maybe it's just
that. Any suggestions still appreciated...

Best regards,

mimo