Re: Sudden increase in spam?

On 2005-12-19, alex <alex@co.com.mx> wrote:
> Cross-referenced to anti-virus gateway data, id say the increase is a
> result of sober's success.... im getting about 500% more virii email
> than in the last 5 months. I got this data from a place with 1500
> corporate email accounts.

That could be.

Spamassassin is still processing all our mail -- these messages are
getting a score of around 2 -- but they just aren't appearing as spam.
I expected some sort of distributed attack, and this would make sense.

Though I'd be more interested to know how it is that they seem to make
it past all spamassassin's filters...