Re: Sudden increase in spam?

Hi!

I had noticed something like what you describe below some weeks ago
after upgrading.

I discovered that when my system was under high load, some mail messages
were being delivered to mailboxes without having been scanned by
spamassassin.  I suspected either a problem in spamassassin or my
delivery agent, which is maildrop.  I avoided the problem by simply
doing away with the process which was taking up too much processing time
on that particular system, thus hiding the problem.

I would suspect spamassassin more strongly due to the possibility that it
is a kind of denial of service attack prevention mechanism.  However, I did not notice any log
messages or header additions that would suggest this is true.

Good luck in your troubleshooting

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse@opendreams.net