[nagios] killer config

Hello *,

My network is around 90$ configured and now i am hanging with the
config of nagios, because It seems that I must configure this
killer up to the end of my life

I have @home

     3  3Com NETBuilder II (acting as BGP-4 router)
        (Later: Tetuan, Quijda and Agadir)
     3  ADSL-Modem-Router connected to the 3 previous one
    17  Servers
     3  Workststions
     5  Switches
     4  FiberOptic Repeaters
     4  8-Chanel OC-3 Multipexer
     1  Lucent Stinger IP DSLAM

and in my Bureau

     1  3Com NETBuilder II
     1  ADSL Modem-Router
    38  Server
     8  Workstsions
    11  Switches
    17  Repeater
     3  ZyXEL IES-1000
     4  US Robotics Total Control

Now I need to control this Network via SNMP und what I can us with
nagios...

With HP OpenView it was done in less then 5 hours, but with nagios. :-(

Does anyone have a Network of this dimension and bigger?

Is ther no graphical GUI to setup the configs for the HOSTS?  I
am setuping to death!  Is it better if I trash teh whole config
of nagios and create my own one?

My /etc/nagios/services.cfg is endless because I must whatch
pop3, imap, http, ftp, discspace, procs and much more on many
hosts.

I was thinking, that I create ONE config file per HOST and
include it with "cfg_file=/etc/nagios/hosts/<fqdn>.cfg" in
my /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg.

What do you think about ?

Or is it better to code my own stuff for a network of this
dimension ?

Good night
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi