Re: Cyclades Router OS License

Hello!

We use harddiskless routers (BGP and ospf cores).
In former times we used linuxrouter.org und later "leaf oxygen" und
"leaf bering", but I felt uncomfortable in using non debian ways to
update and compile (quagga and old glib etc....)

So we changed to Vadim Berkgaut's debrouter one year ago:
http://gate-bunker.p6.msu.ru/~berk/router.htmlso:

This boots from flash and runs from a ram root fs. Debrouter is not in
the debian tree in any way. Please also note that Joey Hess himself
created a diskless debian router package:

flashybrid - automates use of a flash disk as the root filesystem

I never tried it. I looked it an AFAIR it runs from a read-only-mounted
CF root, so I think it won't be possible to change the CF while running ...

Rgds,
Andreas

Andreas John
net-lab GmbH