Re: MySQL Replication problems

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 02:05:44AM +0000, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:56 +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
>
> > Hm, just give repl full rights and see if that works. If it does iterate
> > down by taking away one after the other. Once you're done, file a but
> > against the package telling what the error message really should have
> > said :) Maybe priv_repl_client is needed? Sounds at least meaningfull..

> Simple but effective :)

> I enabled logging on server meg, which showed the error as a result from
> "SHOW SLAVE HOSTS" issued by the client liz.

> It turns out that logging in from the mysql command client from liz to
> meg shows the identical error:

> mysql> show slave hosts;
> ERROR 1227: Access denied. You need the REPLICATION SLAVE privilege for
> this operation

> and I've now granted Repl_client_priv with the same result - I'll try
> more of course :)

[1] suggests you need REPLICATION CLIENT, but I vaugely recall you also
need PROCESS.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/grant.html

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.