Re: IMAP Servers

On Jan 12, 2005, at 3:15 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:

On 13 Jan 2005, at 00:07, W. Andrew Loe III wrote:
I'm sorry, I meant to refer to its implementation of Maildir. Is this the standard format? I had a lot of trouble getting this format to work well with Apple Mail. I'm pretty sure its Mail's issue as thunderbird works perfectly.

Eh... I don't think that this is an issue related to Mail.app. It depends on how it is served by the IMAP daemon. But I never experienced any problems when using together Courier-IMAPd, Maildir as the storage backend and Mail.app as the frontend.

We've experienced some issues with courier-imapd and Mail.app, specifically where certain IMAP sub-Maildir mailboxes wouldn't display within Mail.app. The mailboxes work great within Thunderbird.

It's been infrequent enough where we haven't really done a thorough investigation. If anybody else has had similar issues, and knows of a fix, please share!

Thanks-
Eric