Re: q re transferring mysql db from redhat to debian

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:56:18 +0200, Henrik Heil <hhml@zweipol.net> wrote:
> My bad -- this is indeed a problem using mysqldump. I just checked the
> manpage and it seems that you cannot tell mysqldump to add
> AUTO_INCREMENT=... to the CREATE TABLE statement (please correct me if
> you know a way).

I tried mysqldump and it actually recorded the original
AUTO_INCREMENTed id's. PhpMyAdmin also records this data whether you
check the "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value" checkbox or not.

It seems that they just forgot to mention this in the docs, but is
already being done.

Chad