Re: RaiserFS via NFS

Hi,

You might like DRBD better than AFS, I think AFS is more suited, to
allow multiple servers to serve /usr/bin, ie static partitions. /var or
/home partitions need something different.

Coda does sound good. ...just following these, not using them yet, I
think inter-mezzo is too young still,  links:

http://www.drbd.org/
Drbd is a block device which is designed to build high availability
clusters. This is done by mirroring a whole block device via (a
dedicated) network. You could see it as a network raid-1.

http://www.lustre.org/
The 1.0 release of Lustre is now available, and is suitable for clusters
with thousands of nodes and hundreds of terabytes of storage.

http://opengfs.sourceforge.net/docs.php
The Open Global File System (OpenGFS, or OGFS) is a journaled filesystem that
supports simultaneous sharing of a common storage device by multiple computer
nodes.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/
Coda is a distributed filesystem with its origin in AFS2.

http://www.inter-mezzo.org/docs.html
InterMezzo will be suitable for replication of servers, mobile
computing, managing system software on large clusters, and for
maintenance of high availability clusters.

// George