Re: RaiserFS via NFS

Hello!

Just to be curious: I'm thinking for some time about using andrew fs, i.e. coda instead of NFS. I don't like NFS, due to complications with access rights (Yes, I use ugidd). But it sounds like the locking problem ist also not solved with coda, right?

rgds,
j.

Andrew Miehs wrote:
I suggest you all read

http://www.porcupine.org/postfix-mirror/newdoc/NFS_README.html

Especially the sentence
'Thus, Postfix on NFS is slightly less reliable than Postfix on a local disk.'

Either something is reliable or not. there is no such thing as slightly less reliable.

Especially when it comes to mail. With Maildir you will have less problems than with mbox, but you still do NOT have atomic transactions, and as such you will at some stage
statistically have a problem.

--
Andreas John
net-lab GmbH