PHP Nuke 7.0

I am using debian 3.0, updated to testing.

The problem I have is when the site is accessed over the Internet, and
someone tries to create a new user, the username they have chosen is wiped
out and " null " is in it's place.

The problem doesn't occur when accessing it via the LAN.

At first it was the wrong version of PHP at fault ( I thought ) which
neccessitated the change to testing for the later version.

The domain name is through ods.org, and resolves fine for email & ssh, and
apache

    http://tactful.ods.org/uptime.html   ud display

    http://tactful.ods.org/phpsysinfo/    sysinfo - so I know PHP is working

    http://tactful.ods.org/server-info
    http://tactful.ods.org/server-status    apache info - enabled so you can
look to help :)

    http://tactful.ods.org/
    http://tactful.ods.org/tlctechnology/    the two websites not working so
far

I think it can be one of the following :-

1.    Networking - problem with using localhost

2.    MySQL Config - do I need to make any adjustments to .conf files ?

3.    I should stick to html

http://phpnuke.org  is the website I got it from originally.

Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Richard

(no comments about posting from XP - please )