Re: What is the best mailling list manager for qmail and Domain Tech. Control ?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:19:20AM -0500, John Keimel wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 07:17:57AM +0100, Thomas GOIRAND wrote:
> > I wish to implement mailling list management to my software for all virtual
> > domains. DTC uses qmail, so it has to be compatible with it. DTC will
> > generate all config file for the given mailling list manager.
> >
> Ecartis (formerly known as listar) works pretty well for me, but the
> documentation for it is _still_ woefully inferior.

i still use ecartis for a few hundred lists, but have moved away from it on
general principles.  it started out with a lot of promise, but very little
serious work has been done on it in recent years.

one major problem is that it still has serious bugs with mime & message
attachments, making it useless for any list where subscribers habitually
PGP-sign their messages (any geek list is bound to have a few users that do
that).  i tried using it for the debian-melb list but had to abandon
the attempt and switch to majordomo because of this.

craig

ps: qmail is a bad idea.  postfix is better.