Re: blacklists

On Monday 06 December 2004 19:34, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
<avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> Various AOL mailservers, the Debian mailservers, and other servers sending
> out lots of regular mail get listed in spamcop regularly, so my
> recommendation (and that of spamcop.net themselves, btw) is not to use
> bl.spamcop.net for blacklisting.  Use it in spamassassin to score points.

 by johnny.adanco.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 24E4B2C6D
 for <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>; Mon,  6 Dec 2004 09:34:01 +0100 (CET)

The Debian servers correctly preserve the Received: path.  This is used by
Spamcop to assign blame to the correct server.  Above are the original
to Spamcop then it would send a complaint to abuse@dolphins.ch about IP
address 212.25.16.151.

If your message was reported to spamcop it would not list a Debian server, it
would list 212.25.16.151.

I doubt that Debian servers get listed regularly.  I use the spamcop DNSBL and
it doesn't get in the way of Debian mailing lists.