Re: Legal aspects of greylisting in Europe

Christian Storch said:
>> So I would assume storing the greylist-triple it's neccessary (->1) for
> greylistd which is part of "the mail server". You need to collect the
> greylist tripels only until the mail has been received for the second
> and final time.
> After the first message would be accepted within(!) the open window of
> suggested 1 - 4 hours after initial trial it should be

I've gotten great results by:
greylisting after it scores over a 6 spamassassin score, greylisting for
only 3 minutes, and whitelisting permanently after that.
This should block upwards of 90% of what you would block by greylisting
for 1-4 hours.
You will also delay a lot less legitimate email...
I measure an user complaint at around 60,000 -80,000 emails.
So one if I get more than 1 user complaint per 60,000 I lower my
thresholds so I block less spam, until my fp rate goes down.

--
--Luke http://www.rightnow.com