Re: blacklists

--On Monday, December 06, 2004 09:34 +0100 Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:

Various AOL mailservers, the Debian mailservers, and other servers
sending  out lots of regular mail get listed in spamcop regularly, so my
recommendation (and that of spamcop.net themselves, btw) is not to use
bl.spamcop.net for blacklisting.  Use it in spamassassin to score points.

Odd, since we don't see this. And when it does happen to 'big' mail senders it's never AOL for one (they're on the whitelist). And it's totally automatic so if they do end up on it's usually for less than a day.

We don't (obviously) use a 5xx response because the failure isn't permanent. In any event we watch pretty carefully for problems, and aren't seeing any in the year (or more) that we've been using bl.spamcop.net.