Re: [HELP] courier-authdaemon frustration

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:10:19PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > The authmysqlrc for courier is a real pain.. it took me about 10 try's to
> > get it right. When I started over for the last time, I took the following
> > in account;
>
> It isn't. It *is* commented ok, and the easiest thing to do is to put in
> a customized MySQL query to suit your needs.

I agree authmysqlrc is mostly commented well. Although, it is somewhat
silent on where (or not) single/double quotes are needed. Unfortunately,
my experience, thusfar, even following the comments is no guarantee of
success. This seems to be the sticking point with all Courier's config
files. The config file parser is very pedantic, which is fine to a point.
The error message "imaplogin: authdaemon: TEMPFAIL - no more modules will
be tried" is terribly unhelpful. Kind of like many Windows' error messages.
You know something is wrong, but where? :-/

The customized query maybe the way to go; although it seems to be a bad
hack to solve the underlaying problem, no? I am missing something?

        bob
--
  bob billson        email: reb@bhive.dhs.org          ham: kc2wz   /)
                            reb@elbnet.com             beekeeper -8|||}