Re: [HELP] courier-authdaemon frustration

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 03:23:31PM -0500, Bob Billson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 07:54:42AM +0100, Mark Lijftogt wrote:
> > Could this be a bit more logical ? I'm missing session information
> > for your courier authdaemon.
>
> Hi Mark!
>
> Thanks for answering. I intentionally X'd it out. I'd rather not post
> passwords to an open list. My firewall blocks outside attempts to access
> the mysql server, so posting this information is not very useful, is it?

Well.. looking back at my reply it was a bit short, rude and not realy
helpfull (and that can be seen as an understatement). Sorry for that.

The authmysqlrc for courier is a real pain.. it took me about 10 try's to
get it right. When I started over for the last time, I took the following
in account;

I checked the mysql account information (could it be a simple username and
password error), made sure there were no (trailing) spaces in the authmysqlrc
(only tabs), usage of only single quotes (around  the GID_FIELD, UID_FIELD
and HOME_FIELD) and that the GID_FIELD and UID_FIELD are the uid and gid of
postfix.. and NOT mysql.

That was apparently enough to get that part running.