Re: nscd: Was Re: long delays with LDAP nss/pam

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 06:10:33PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [2004.10.28.1520 +0200]:
> > Run named on localhost.
>
> What an extraordinarily bad advice, IMHO. BIND is too much a piece
> of crap.
>
> I really suggest djbdns. I know, it's nonfree. But it's damn good.

How is djbdns good? In that it doesn't correctly implement the RFCs on
some crucial parts of the DNS protocol?

(hint: search for 'AXFR' or 'IXFR', and see what mr. Bernstein has to
say about that. No, rsync is /not/ a suitable protocol to synchronise
DNS configuration!)

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks