pop before smtp relay

Hello.  I run a small mailserver, and I'm interested in allowing my users
to relay mail off of it.  I'm currently using exim4 as my MTA, and uw-imap
for client mail access.  In the past I have used "exact"[0] to allow
"pop-before-relay" access, and it has worked well.  I'm getting ready to
move my mail server and I was looking and it appears that "exact" is not
packaged for Debian, which makes me wonder what others are doing to achieve
this functionality.  I'm also wondering if it's worth my effort to package
exact...

Thanks for any input!

Take care,
     Dale