Re: pop before smtp relay

In the past I have used "exact"[0] to allow "pop-before-relay" access, and it has worked well. I'm getting ready to move my mail server and I was looking and it appears that "exact" is not
packaged for Debian

I've run "exact" with Debian/Exim -- and even contributed a little code to support cucipop and some other things. Yes, it is not packaged, but as these things go it is pretty easy to build from source and configure.

Yeah, everyone _should_ use AUTH (and heck, SSL), but for a boutique server with few relayers, pop-before-smtp still works very well, thank you, with no existing client configuration changes.

-- Ward