Re: You can start saving now

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 02:44:59PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On Monday 24 May 2004 13.57, Matej Kovac wrote:
> [....]
> > test what takes
> > so long for spamassassin, and report it.
>
> Please file a bug against spamassassin and tell them using perl is a
> bug. Perhaps even Severity: important since it affects performance
> severely.

...if misused! its not a bug in spamassassin, its misuse
in environment larger than it was intended for.

> Seriously, what was your point of this loooooong email?

not to let someone think I don't value SA or Perl, while still
say what they can be used inappropriately; and this is often
bigger problem than the tool used.

> (dspam: it may be 10 times faster. I certainly is not '10 times as
> accurate'. I guess it is about as good as spamassassin.)

the *guess* is the important word here. test it. file a bug against
dspam that althought it is 10 times faster than SA, it is less
accurate. thenm misuse it, and file another bug saying that dspam
doesn't work at all.

there are couple of solutions to original problem of mr Dale Martin,
some mentoined by others, like limiting number of connections etc. or
adding ram. the real solution is not to use SA, because it was not
projected for this load.

--
matej kovac
deblist@telnet.sk