Re: RaiserFS via NFS

On Sunday 18 April 2004 01:16, Andrew Miehs wrote:

> 'Thus, Postfix on NFS is slightly less reliable than Postfix on a local
> disk.'
>
> Either something is reliable or not. there is no such thing as slightly
> less reliable.

I do not agree with that general sentence at all !
That is akin to saying "something is secure or it is not". No, nothing ever is
100% secure, and neither is "100% reliable" an attainable goal.

But going back to the ISP. They have so much mail that they have multiple
frontends and backends. Many of them. Are you suggesting that they should
revert to a one-single-box mail hub to _improve_reliability_ ?  I think not.

Maarten