RaiserFS via NFS

I've just converted from mbox to maildir

Right now there are some users with 500 files in a directory, I expect
this go grow.

I expect this figure to grow. RaiserFS is looking good.

The benefits of running a central storage server and a bunch of seperate
web/smtp/pop3/spamfiltering/ftp/ servers, one storage server running not
much more than NFS all connected with a cheap Gigbit switch are also
appealing to me.

Is there any benefit to RaiserFS if I am accessing it via NFS ?