Re: backup software: Legato's Networker, Veritas' NetBackup, or IBM's Tivoli?

Lucas Albers wrote:
> How else is it going to have permissions to backup everything on the system?
> The port it locked to a particular backup server...
> So only that ip address can connect to that port.

You're right, I was being vague.  It absolutely has to run as root.
But I am generally wary of running code which has open ports and
no source to examine.  Are there really *no* buffer overflows for
this software?  Running proprietary code which runs as root and opens
ports just annoys me on principle.

-Ed