Re: upgrading to MySQL 4 on woody

Sorry, I forget sometimes that security is different for different installations. Yes, it
would be an issue in a cs department at a college :) I remember when . . .

In my case, db access is limited to the web server, via cgi scripts I write or are relatively
easy to keep patched. And, there are at most a half dozen accounts with shell access . . .
everyone else has a shell of /bin/false. If I am living in a fantasy land thinking that gives
me a little leeway, please tell me (God, I know what I've let myself in for here).

Rod

BTW, I know what you mean about someone attempting cracks. Turned ProFTP on one of my servers
at a clients request. Several dozen attempts at a login within the first 24 hours. I hadn't
even told the client it was on yet!

RWR