Re: upgrading to MySQL 4 on woody

This is exactly what I did a few months ago, for the same reason. Add the following line to
your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://www.backports.org/debian woody mysql-dfsg

Works like a charm.  FYI, I also added:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian woody spamassassin

Becoming a firm believer that you CAN have it all, stability and the latest packages :)

There are other places to get backports, BTW. This one works for me.

Rod