Re: spec-ing/dimensioning a server?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:13:48AM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Depending on how you're doing your backups, an inexpensive upgrade to a
> CD-RW drive vs. the CD-R that's on your list might be useful.  I
> wouldn't fully trust CD-RW for backups, but it's handy to have to make
> quick images of the filesystems or to dump a quick "just in case"
> tarfile to.  Some people also like the Mondo/Mindi type tools that shoot
> images of the disk off to CD-RW's for a bare-metal recovery option.

Suggestion: External USB2.0 IDE drives are availble for 200EUR for
200GB. This should be enough for most servers. They are very fast and
can be removed for weekly rotating simply by unmounting and
disconnecting.

bye,

  -christian-

--
When in doubt, parenthesize.  At the very least it will let some
poor schmuck bounce on the % key in vi.