bandwidht restricted.

I´m ask my self if there is an utility to resctrict the bandwidht consumed by services. The problem is that when someone use ftp service or smtp service with a important size of byte, others can´t use services on our little network. Is There any utility which allows me restrict the use of bandwidht? It´s possible restrict by service and or by IP, users etc... Could anyone help me to solve this problem? Thanks you in advance.