Re: Problem with rare cases where browser seems to use HTTP 1.0 instead of 1.1

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:36, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> My question is just: Why does the browser (MS IE 6.0, Windows 98,
> ...) query the Apache 1.3.28-server with HTTP 1.0? It occurs only
> under rare and non-reproducable circumstances but "from time to
> time". When the problem occurs it's possible to reproduce the problem
> for some time and after a few minutes it's gone again.
>
> When the problem occurs on PC1, it's at the same time reproduceable
> on my PC as well. After a few minutes the problem is gone. But on
> both PCs I have IE 6.0 with latest patches applied.

Do you administer all routers between the PCs and the server in question?

If not then are you certain that someone hasn't installed a broken transperant
proxy/cache?

One time I was working for an ISP and suddenly we started having some weird
web browsing errors.  It took about a day to realise that our "colleagues"
who ran the routers had installed a transperant caching proxy without
bothering to inform us.

The main symptom of a hostile proxy deployment is when groups of machines
suddenly stop/start working in unison.