Re: Creating custom, automated, Debian installs.

Hi,

On Mon Oct 20, 2003 at 18:25:52 +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   What should be my way forward?  Would FAI work best or should I
>  look at some scheme for creating a new release ISO instead?

I think, as a happy user of FAI, that FAI is a very good tool for what
you want to do.  It is very fast and extremely flexible.  Its downside
is that the configuration takes a while and requires skripting skills.

There is also a newer project called m23 (m23.sourceforge.net).  It
features a web-based configuration system and, other than FAI, also does
administration and upgrades.  I have not tried it so far.

Both of the above tools perform a real installation, as opposed to
copying an installation image and adapting that.

Regards,

uLI