Re: Comparison of antivirals for postfix on Debian

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 15:26, Chris Evans wrote:
> I haven't seen this recently, sorry if I've looked through it.
>
> I run a small, opt-in, Email list server for charities on Debian
> stable with postfix and spamassassin.  I was using RAV-postfix but
> since M$ have bought them out and my subscription is running out, I
> have to replace RAV.  I'm looking at Kaspersky and Vexira at present
> but trying to find comparative experiences from people who know what
> they're talking about.  Any views anyone?

I've never tried Vexira as we are happy with our Postfix/Amavis setup
running some bigger mailserver setups (+10k user each, some clustered).
As backend-scanner we used Kaspersky (kavdaemon) but switched to F-Prot
a few days ago as kavdaemon crashed at random intervals on some servers
while others run rock-stable.
Both, Kaspersky and F-Prot can use a daemon as backend which speeds up
the scanning-process significantly if you have larger amounts of mails
going through your system.

For US $ 300 per server you can get the Fileserver-Version of F-Prot
which includes the daemon-scanner and it seems like there are no
additional fees (like subscription, updates, ...)

Installation on Debian is really straightforward and even supported!
(i.e. documented in INSTALL)

best regards
  Markus
--
Markus Oswald <moswald@iirc.at>  \ Unix and Network Administration
Graz, AUSTRIA                     \ High Availability / Cluster