Re: Comparison of antivirals for postfix on Debian

On Monday 15 September 2003 15:26, Chris Evans wrote:
[look at the subject...]

I recently started using clamav, mainly because it's free. Can't say anything
about effectivity and performance yet.

But I also don't expect to catch many viruses in email since we're running

#/name\=\".*\.(com|exe|bat|cmd|pif|sh)\"$/       REJECT
        vb|vbe|vbs|vbx|vxd|wsc|wsf|wsh))\"?\s*$/        REJECT Attachment name "$2" may not end with ".$3"

(activated by
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checks
in main.cf, of course)

anyway, so all of the recent trojans have been caught before they came to
the virus scanner. Word/Excel macro viruses seem to have declined, but for
these you'll still need a virus scanner.

-- vbi

signature virus v1.0 - please use me in your own mail.