Re: Postfix and SMTP-AUTH once again

Hi,

> Hint: Run either unstable or stable. Testing has no support with
> security patches.

Hmm, I thought about that for quite some time. Stable is way too old for some
things I need to do with the server, unstable really sometimes is unsatable.
I noticed that on my desktop but there it's ok. I usually have a close look
at security annoucements. Worst case scenario is that I have to build my own
fixes until a new package is released. Even though it's another subject, does
running unstable on a server make any sense? Does it work fairly decent? The
machine is not that critical.

> > postfix/smtpd[7306]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
>
> It seems you've forgot to install the actual sasl plugins:
>
> [stable, probably more for unstable/testing]
> ii  libsasl-modules-plain   1.5.27-3      Basic Pluggable Authentication
> Modules for SASL ii  libsasl7                1.5.27-3      Authentication
> abstraction library. ii  sasl-bin                1.5.27-3      Programs for
> manipulating the SASL users database

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I have all those packages installed.

Regards,

Richard