From: Kourosh [mailto:debian@mindwaresystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 August 2003 10:10 AM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Anyone run LInux with 16GB RAM?

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get a Linux system, preferably Debian Woody, to
run stably with 16GB RAM?  I have someone who has a Dual Xeon proc
system with 8GM RAM (8 x 1GB ECC registered) running Debian Woody and
Oracle 9i with no problems.  They would very much like to up this to
16GB (8 x 2GB ECC registered) but so far it crashes after 48 hours.

I have had one person tell me that they have a quad proc machine with
16G RAM running fine with a self-compiled kernel.org 2.4.18 kernel, but
we can't seem to get one working.  We've enable HIGHMEM with and without
HIGHMEM I/O but still no good.  Any other positive reports with
dual-proc machines and 16GB RAM?  Patches, compiler settings, etc?

M's to FR?  Enlightening web sites or other docs?

The memory and other subsystems have worked fine in other tests so those
don't seem to be a problem.

Regards.

--
Kourosh <debian@mindwaresystems.com>