Re: Anyone willing to relay for me for a price?

At 07:35 PM 7/8/2003 -0400, Jesse Molina wrote:
The real problem is that you are a second class Internet citizen because you don't have a "business class" service, which means a T1, E1, or greater.

Honestly I gave up trying to host my server at home.. Several friends and I went in on a rack at XO's freemont datacenter together, and it comes out to about $50 a month per U for us (that's with maybe 10 machines in the rack) We get full DNS and reverse control, a nice 100m linkup to the datacenter's router (which is really our only bandwidth cap) and our current block gives us a 1mbit monthly bandwidth avarage (which we can upgrade if needbe)

Overall, I think it's a pretty good deal as long as you're not wanting physical access to the machine. I personally live in Boston and manage my box in California from here just fine..

So that may be a hosting option for folks who don't want to run a T1 to their garage ;> Just a thought =>

-Aaron