Re[2]: Anyone willing to relay for me for a price?

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, 12:35:58 AM Jesse wrote:

JM> Here is some helpful info;
JM> http://postmaster.info.aol.com/index.html
Yes, that is moderately useful, which is more than I can say for the
information provided by BT, my ISP.

JM> http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/
I'll check.

JM> WARNING!  Blatant flame ahead!  Danger Danger!

JM> The real problem is that you are a second class Internet citizen because
JM> you don't have a "business class" service, which means a T1, E1, or greater.
I'm particularly angry as I pay less than $800 per month but way more
than I need to so I get "business" broadband ... to no advantage I can
see!

JM> Angry?  Good, you should be.  I am.
JM> I have similar problems with mail servers that do reverse DNS SMTP
JM> session checking.  Short of paying for a T1 at $800 USD a month, there
JM> is no way that I can get an IP allocation with reverse DNS delegation so
JM> that I can make my mail server's MX record match up with the PTR record.

Again, I have that problem but I haven't seen many or any bounces that
I think are down to that.  Another thing I have to get onto the ISP
about again.  This is mad.  I'm all in favour of clamping down on spam
but this is cutting the Internet down to a very two class system as
you say.

Chris

PSYCTC: PSYchotherapy,PSYchology,PSychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris1@psyctc.org