Re: loadbalancing

Quoting Joost Veldkamp <joost.veldkamp@atobemobile.com>:

> We're using old cisco Localdirectors for loadbalancing between
> webservers. These need to be replaced by something else, because they
> are EOL.
> Are there software packages that can do the same as the localdirector,
> with failover functionality?
> I looked at ultramonkey.org, (it has woody packages;-) ) and i'm
> wondering if this is the best solution, or if there are other packages
> around that might be of more use.

Of course you can use Linux Virtual Server for load balancing. But if you
want something between do it yourself and the high-end big-bucks products
you can have a look at the B100 from One4net. It is Linux based but that is
not so relevant because it behaves like a hardware box that is manageable
with different software tools.
http://www.one4net.com/products/netappliance/produktindex.html

Richard

2x sneller ADSL met Zon Breedband Family. In combinatie met ZonTel
nu voor maar 29 euro per maand. Bestel nu op www.zonnet.nl/breedband
Bovendien met gratis modem en geen aansluitkosten!