Re: loadbalancing

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 11:24, Joost Veldkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using old cisco Localdirectors for loadbalancing between
> webservers. These need to be replaced by something else, because they
> are EOL.
> Are there software packages that can do the same as the localdirector,
> with failover functionality?
> I looked at ultramonkey.org, (it has woody packages;-) ) and i'm
> wondering if this is the best solution, or if there are other packages
> around that might be of more use.

Sorry for coming in so late in this one.

I would really highly recommend http://www.keepalived.org  It is a
management system for linux IPVS and it used VRRP to have failover
between the load balancers.

Take care - RL

--
MSN:lazzurs@everybuddy.com	|"All that is etched in stone
Yahoo:admroblaz AIM:admroblaz	|is truly only scribbled in