Re: Antivirus license

Amavis knows nothing about virus signatures. It only knows how to query some av softwares being them daemons or a command line based.

Tomàs Núñez Lirola (by way of Tomàs Núñez Lirola ) ha scritto:

I have a doubt respecting amavis...
I've read there are some antiviruses that run in daemon mode (clamav-daemon,
sophie) because if you want to check a lot of files every 2 or 3 seconds
(like a mail server does), it takes a lot of resources to load virus
definitions every time, so they load definitions once and stay as a daemon.
But I thought AMaViS implemented this. Am I certain? Does AMaViS load virus
definitions every time a mail is checked? I mean, is useless a daemon
antivirus with amavis?