Re: Partitioning a Web Server

hello Tomàs,

Am 10:15 2003-04-03 +0200 hat Tomàs Núñez Lirola geschrieben:

>I disagree.
>If no user can fill up the disk, logs can. At least I'd put /var/log in a

I agree, because for some years I have had a problem with some Gigs of Logs.

>different partition, but anyway I'd partition the disk just in case quota
>systems fail. I think it's not a good idea to trust on ftp and mail servers
>to manage quota (some bug or some human misconfiguration can turn it down).
>I'd trust on kernel quota... but it does not give me the same security as
>partitioning does.

Questio:        I like to offer a  new service where Clients can get a
                virtualhost with 250 MBytes.

                Hmmm, If I like to protect Clients, -

                How many Partitions can I make ???

                I mean, Each Client has 250 Mbyte DiskSpace for ftp,
                http, mail and LOGS and can not use more !!!

                But 200-300 partitions on ONE DISK ???

Thanks
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |