Re: mysql

Le Mercredi 12 Mars 2003 11:53, Markus Welsch a écrit :
> You shouldn't compile mysql yourself if not really required. It's
(...)

But, uh... For over than 700 databases, I personaly recommend recompiling,
though. The main reason for that is performance : you can ensure the binary
being compiled against your very configuration, optimizing against speed on
the processor, in particular.

In fact, this is _not_ mandatory, of course, but it may be a good
opportunity.

Anyway, I would recommend building a custom kernel, fille donly with _really
mandatory_ drivers, and a recent stable version. Yes, even on Debian ;-))

>  > I am currently running a heavy loaded mysql server on Slackware 8.1
>  > (over 700 databases), and I'm planning to switch to Debian stable and
>  > backport mysql from testing.
(...)

--
Amitiés,