Re: mysql

You shouldn't compile mysql yourself if not really required. It's suggested to use the mysql binary package provided for the platform (x86/libc, etc). If you want to use a more recent version of MySQL you should take a look at the backports. Use http://www.apt-get.org for searching !

> I am currently running a heavy loaded mysql server on Slackware 8.1 (over 700
> databases), and I'm planning to switch to Debian stable and backport mysql
> from testing.
> In manual mysql authors recommend to compile mysql against patched libpthread
> (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Linux.html). Is this necessary on Debian too?
> Or it is better to use their binary package?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Jan Vitek

Kind Regards,

Markus