Re: Oracle 9i on Linux

Hi, As i installed oracle 8i on my debian box ..and used ..
oracle 8.1.7
glibc 2.2.5
JDK 1.1.8
The main problem was to find out the JDK version ....
as JDK comes with the support od glibc 2.1.2,2.1.3 etc...
and if you don't use compatable version of JDK, it gives segmentation faults during installation. Hope above list of versions os required software will help you ..
Rajeev Sharma
Does anyone know much about Oracle on Linux?  If so can you please give me
some quick advice on how difficult it is to install, whether it runs well
Debian, etc.
Also I am particularly interested in an overview of how the different
processes interact.
I have a potential opportunity to make some money from such work in a
of weeks, so if there's an Oracle/Linux expert looking for work then
possibilities there too...

Rajeev Sharma
DeepRoot Linux