Re: PHP using suexec

My experience with PHP and suexec was less than favorable.  It is a
requirement for me that different virtual hosts have different PHP admin
settings (some sites don't need globals, some do).  I haven't found a
way to accomplish this virtual host dependent configuration using PHP in
CGI mode.  Since PHP+suexec needs to run in CGI mode, my virtual host
configs wouldn't apply.  I'm guessing that with Suexec enabled, I can
disable safe_mode and globals across the board and not significantly
lower my host security, though I would like to use the layered method
of security if possible.

However, there seems to be a patch to Apache which would fix this.
Also, I hear Apache 2.0 does something like suexec does natively.
So my question is: Are you running in CGI mode, or did you patch Apache?
I would greatly appreciate any other comments you think are related.

thanks
hank