Re: swapon not run at boot with raid drives

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:03, I. Forbes wrote:
> I have picked up a problem with my servers running potato + raid 1
> mirror drives.
>
> From what I can see this will happen on a  Woody system too.
>
> Is this a bug, or is there something I am missing?

There was a bug in 2.2.x kernels which could cause a kernel panic if you
swaped on a RAID device that was re-syncing.  AFAIK 2.4.x had it fixed long
ago.  So if you are running a 2.4.x kernel you can just edit the shell script
in question to remove that check.

> something in a manner which overflows into swop space. This makes the
> problem worse as it only normally comes to light when the weekly or
> monthly cron scripts are running, and nobody is around to pick up the
> pieces.)

Why not put "swapon -a" in a cron job?